Friday 2 January 2015

Stones' Throw (to keep the stones warm at night)

Happy New Year!

I'm chock-full of mindless optimism at the start of each New Year, so bring it on 2015!  I'm ready for you!

I've got a plethora of projects on the go but when you're knee-deep in unfinished stuff and your 'to-do' list is as long as your arm I think it's encouraging to take stock of all the things that have been crossed off.

This is 'The Stones' Throw'.  I made it for a friend who, as a child, used to worry that the stones in the garden would get cold at night.



The first book I bought on quilting was Elizabeth Hartman's 'The Practical Guide to Patchwork'.  I used the 'Small Plates' pattern (see her original here) to make my own square in square quilt.





As you can see, I'm all about the patchwork and the quilting is very, er, basic.  

Linking up with Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop  and Link-a-Finish Friday.

Wishing you all a magnificent 2015.

5 comments:

  1. Cute quilt, and the perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great pattern and an even better story - I'm certain that you friend was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact this one is so basic is what I LOVE most!!!

    ReplyDelete